Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

Default terminal man pages?

Hello,

I was used to use "Page Up-Down" "Home" "End" and "Arrows" to scrolling manual pages in terminal.
Now it is changed it is possible to do it only by "ENTER" and mouse. (in left right corner is highlighted message "--More--")
I've hit probably some shortcut by accident which changed man pages browsing and I am not able to figure out how to get it back.

Thanks for help

Jaromir

Old 05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Daniel James

Hi Jarom√*r,

> I was used to use "Page Up-Down" "Home" "End" and "Arrows" to
> scrolling manual pages in terminal. Now it is changed it is possible
> to do it only by "ENTER" and mouse.

I can't reproduce that, it still works fine here.

> (in left right corner is
> highlighted message "--More--") I've hit probably some shortcut by
> accident which changed man pages browsing and I am not able to figure
> out how to get it back.

It sounds like you are using the program 'more' to view man pages,
instead of the default pager, 'less'. Have a look at:

$ man man

Maybe some program has reset one of your environment variables.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reply, I was checking man man ... your explanation seems to be true.
Can you please advice me where I can check my environment variables?

Cheers

Jaromir

Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Jarom√*r MikeŇ° wrote:
> Thanks for reply, I was checking man man ... your explanation seems to be true.
> Can you please advice me where I can check my environment variables?

Run "env" in a terminal.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

Hi all,

Program "less" wasn't at all installed on my system.
I installed it back and everything is ok again.

Thank you for help ... :-)

Cheers

mirami