Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
dave

Default 64studio_1.0_cd Upgrade to 2.0 Release

Hi all,

If you have access to a cd-writer you can go here
http://cdd.64studio.com/releases/64studio/1.0/
Download &
Install 64studio-install_1.0.0_i386 cd. (or amd64).?
Once the install is complete login to your desktop open a terminal
su to root:
$ su
# gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/64studio.list

deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/stable 64studio main

* Make sure 64studio stable is the only source enabled. *

gnome, xorg and libraries upgrade better
if they are not running during during the upgrade.
The upgrade "will" work from your desktop! A terminal is my choice.
When you have checked 64studio stable is the only source enabled.
Log out from your desktop, to the login screen.
typing [ctrl] + [alt] + [f1] will drop you into a terminal.
Login as root.

type:
# apt-get update
# 64studio-upgrade

The 64studio-upgrade will want to remove some packages
e.g. "firefox", this is fine, iceweasel will replace it.

I refused to accept bcm43xx-fwcutter,
after errors on first upgrade attempt.
I accepted the defaults to any questions. e.g.
bootsplash (Y/I/N/O/D) [default=N] ? I or Y [Enter]

See here.
http://www.64studio.com/upgrade

Cheers,

dave.