Old 05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default "asoundconf list" doesn't find my audiocards , but lspci does :s

Peter Geirnaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed 64Studio again, from the old 1.0.0_i386 install CD I
> had, and then upgraded - updated,
>
> but I could use some help with the alsa configuration for my M-Audio
> Delta 1010
>
> When i type in the terminal:
>
> $ asoundconf list
> Names of available sound cards:
> $
>
> is all I get, but when I type:
>
> $ lspci
>
> I get between other lines:
>
> 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
> (ICH4/ICH 4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4
> MX 4000 AGP 8x] (rev c1)
> 02:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
> [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)
>

> Then i tried typing:
>
> $ alsaconf
> bash: alsaconf: command not found
> $

You must become root before running alsaconf.

spinymouse@64studio:~$ alsaconf
bash: alsaconf: command not found
spinymouse@64studio:~$ su
Password:
64studio:/home/spinymouse# alsaconf

and everything will be fine .

> :s
> Where do I go now ?
>
> With JACK Control, I can use the mobo's Intel 82801DB-ITCH4 output,
> but of course, I want to use the 8 channel M1010

See http://www.64studio.com/faq_user, point 12 or change it by alsaconf
or by the settings of QJackCtl.

If you install hwinfo you can run as root hwinfo --sound and see what
the driver names are.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Gustin Johnson

Do not specify the number of channels manually. I use qjackctl for
setting up jackd, it does make things simpler. It also allows me to
quickly select the card I am using, so I do not care which order the
sound cards are detected in.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Gustin Johnson

Peter Geirnaert wrote:

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Gustin Johnson <gustin@echostar.ca
> <mailto:gustin@echostar.ca>> wrote:
>
> Do not specify the number of channels manually. I use qjackctl for
> setting up jackd, it does make things simpler. It also allows me to
> quickly select the card I am using, so I do not care which order the
> sound cards are detected in.
>

> Do you mean I should leave the "number of channels" in qjackctl's setup
> panel blank ?

Exactly.

> I use qjackctl too (from the main menu >> sound >> JACK Control)
> and pasted part the "messages output" here before .
>
> When I select the hw:0 M-Audio card like you said, I get these error
> messages ...
> Also, it's easier if I can skip the step of setting up Qjackctl every
> day, a computer is about automation no ? :-)

Save your qjackctl config, it is what the save button at the top is for

> Maybe I didn't get the clue of what you mean, thanks for the reply anyway.
> Peter

I think we are on the same page now.
Let me/us know how it works.