Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM
altern

Default debian => 64studio

Atte André Jensen(e)k dio:
> Folderol wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just install 64studio?
>
> Because I (as stated in the original post) don't have access to a dvd
> writer, and couldn't figure out how to install with the dvd-image from
> usb-stick...

my laptop does not have dvd drive either and i installed ubuntu studio
there from USB drive. I guess you have tried finding some tutorial about
preparing USB bootable Debian installer already.

enrike

Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Atte André Jensen

altern wrote:
> I guess you have tried finding some tutorial about
> preparing USB bootable Debian installer already.

Sure, even with help from this list. It *might* be a problem with the
driver for my ethernet card, but I'm not sure.

Could you explain what steps you took to install from usb?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk | http://myspace.com/attejensen
http://anagrammer.dk | http://modlys.dk

Old 05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
altern

Atte André Jensen(e)k dio:
> altern wrote:
>> I guess you have tried finding some tutorial about
>> preparing USB bootable Debian installer already.
>
> Sure, even with help from this list. It *might* be a problem with the
> driver for my ethernet card, but I'm not sure.
>
> Could you explain what steps you took to install from usb?

it was with plain ubuntu not with ubuntu studio or studio 64. the
installer it is different.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Folderol

On Wed, 14 May 2008 08:39:08 +0200
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folderol wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just install 64studio?
>
> Because I (as stated in the original post) don't have access to a dvd
> writer, and couldn't figure out how to install with the dvd-image from
> usb-stick...

Ah, sorry. I should change my glasses maybe :?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk