Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Atte André Jensen

Default Installing 64 studio from usb-stick

Hi

I tried the live cd and was very impressed with 64 studio. So now I'm
trying to install it. However, since I have no dvd-writer, I'm looking
for other ways and I found this http://64studio.com/node/262, but it
doesn't work for me.

When the installer looks for the build-in, non-wlan ethernet card, I get
an error about module mismatch or missing modules or something, and the
installler basically tells me that this is not gonna work out. I guess
the initrd.gz (which AFAIK contains the modules, or???) from the debian
installer is out sync with the 64studio-live_2.0_i386.iso.

Anyways has anyone done this: install 64studio from an usb stick?

Here's some additional information:
atte@ajstrup:~$ ll /media/disk/
total 778M
-rwx------ 1 atte root 773M 2008-04-30 21:54 64studio_2.0_i386.iso
-rwx------ 1 atte root 4,1M 2008-04-30 21:52 initrd.gz
-r-x------ 1 atte root 13K 2008-04-30 21:51 ldlinux.sys
-rwx------ 1 atte root 51 2008-04-30 22:09 syslinux.cfg
-rwx------ 1 atte root 1,2M 2008-04-30 21:52 vmlinuz

atte@ajstrup:~$ cat /media/disk/syslinux.cfg
default vmlinuz
append initrd=initrd.gz ramdisk_size=10240 root=/dev/rd/0
devfs=mount,dall rw

atte@ajstrup:~$ lspci | grep Ether
02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EP Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (Mobile) (rev 03)
02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

Thanks in advance for any input!

--
peace, love & harmony