Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Default repositories

I've just been trying to install, using synaptic, kmail as the
default e-mail client on a computer running xubuntu xfe. I'm getting
the error
message "http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdebase/kdebase-bin_3.5.6-Oubuntu20.1_i386.deb
404 not found".

Is it possible to find another repository with this in and add it to
sources.list?

Andrew Heggie

Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Andrew, remove the gb to use the main repo!

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/k/kdebase/kdebase-bin_3.5.6-Oubuntu20.1_i386.deb

Cary

Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Just tried it & has been replaced, I assume you are using Feisty
but I found it here!

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/i386/kdebase-bin/download

Cary

Old 09-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Andrew,

************* If you download it to your home folder & open a
terminal & navigate to your home folder "cd ~/"

then type "sudo dpkg -i packagename" it will ask for your password then
install for you. You have to change the package name with the name of
the file. hint type the 1st 3 characters then hit the tab key & it
will autofill the name in, if there is nothing with the same name.

Cary

Andrew Heggie wrote:

Cary Bielenberg wrote:

Just tried it & has been replaced, I assume you are using Feisty but I
found it here!

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/i386/kdebase-bin/download

Thanks Cary,

Yes I am using Fiesty, on an mpc-l which I don't think would be happy
with later versions.
I don't think it is really up to kde apps but I wanted to use the same
e-mail client on this
"always on" computer as my other pc.

If the file is at the url you mention above then do I download it
separately? Where should
it be stored for synaptic to find it or do I have to instal from the
command line?

Andrew Heggie

Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Andrew Heggie

Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Henry Wyatt

can users add software to repositories or not
--
Henry E. Wyatt, Jr.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 08:14 -0400, Henry Wyatt wrote:
> can users add software to repositories or not

You can add software to any repo you own. You can't in general add stuff
to a repo you don't own. You don't own the standard Fedora repos. Does
this answer your question?

poc

Old 04-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Henry Wyatt

yes it does, thank you very much

Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Itamar Reis Peixoto

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Henry Wyatt <hewjr1000@gmail.com> wrote:
> can users add software to repositories or not
>
> --
> Henry E. Wyatt, Jr.

you can submit your package for review, if approved your packaged is
added to fedora repository`s