Old 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
"Pablo Fernandez"

Default Problems with Envy24control and m-audio audiophile 2496

Hi!
I've got a m-audio audiophile 2496. The performance is great. The latency reported by Jack is below 3 ms. The sound is great. All seems just OK but for one thing: The analog volume tab in Envy24ctrl behaves chaotically. I have discovered it just a few days ago when I was trying to lower the input volume of capture 2 (ADC 1 in Envycontrol) leaving alone the outputs, DAC0 and DAC1.* I can't tweak the levels independently. What's more, there is not a repetitive pattern of behaviour. Even when I'm only listening to music, if I move either ADC the output volume changes (!). Or I move either ACD and, at times, nothing changes, but at other times it does.

It's the same behaviour if jack is running or if it's not.
I don't know if it's a hardware issue or something about alsa-firmware or alsa-tools. My PC is Linux-only so I can't try it with Windows.

I am running 64studio 2.1 rc1 (pre14).
Oh, I have a dual boot with Debian Lenny, I'll try it there but only for playback. I've got a musix live CD too.
I'll tell you
Thanx in advance for any thoughts

Pablo