-   -   RT Kernel :-) (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/713228-rt-kernel.html)

Daniel James 05-09-2013 04:11 PM

RT Kernel :-)

Hi Steve,
> Can you tell me if 64 studio has a real time kernel.

The distro was always based around an RT kernel, yes, however we have
not made a public release in a while.

For a reasonably up to date system I would suggest using Debian Squeeze
with the RT kernel 2.6.33.7.2-rt30 and rtirq packages from here:

http://apt.64studio.com/backports/dists/squeeze-backports

We have not yet decided if we are going to provide similar packages for
Debian wheezy.

Cheers!

Daniel

Folderol 05-09-2013 04:24 PM

RT Kernel :-)

On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:11:44 +0100
Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> > Can you tell me if 64 studio has a real time kernel.
>
> The distro was always based around an RT kernel, yes, however we have
> not made a public release in a while.
>
> For a reasonably up to date system I would suggest using Debian Squeeze
> with the RT kernel 2.6.33.7.2-rt30 and rtirq packages from here:
>
> http://apt.64studio.com/backports/dists/squeeze-backports
>
> We have not yet decided if we are going to provide similar packages for
> Debian wheezy.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

There is supposed to be an RT kernel for 3.2 but I've tried the 64bit version
on an AMD quad core it and it is hopeless, but then so is 3.2 vanilla - xruns
all over the place. The odd thing is that 3.1 vanilla is fine but you can't get
that anymore with debian :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk