Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
"Paul Wise"

Default Debian users survey

Hey all,

I'm doing a survey of Debian users, it would be great if some 64studio
users could participate. Please see this email for more information:

bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Paul Wise wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm doing a survey of Debian users, it would be great if some 64studio
> users could participate. Please see this email for more information:

Hi Paul

I couldn't find any version of Cinelerra in the standard repositories
and it isn't possible for me to change the vertical refresh rate for the
monitor. I'm using a nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 (AGP) on an ASRock K7VT2
motherboard with an 6.4.2 "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor" but my hardware
will be upgraded within the next week, so this doesn't matter to me,
anyway until now I'm a Suse user, I'll change to Debian because there
are some good reasons for me, what doesn't mean that there isn't
something better with Suse.

Running Sax2 it's possible to configure the screen positions, something
dpkg can't do.

After ./configure and make you have checkinstall for Suse, this will
build a package what is much better than to run make install.

I'm using smart for Suse and it's possible to backport without special
editing like it seems to be necessary with Debian. Ok, while using
Synaptic you can downgrade packages if only the wanted backport
repository is enabled.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 03-30-2008, 05:24 PM