Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default Trimming unnecessary nodes in the wallpapers

I took an opportunity to look at Waves background and noticed a
tremendous amount
of nodes for curves causing a huge slowdown to my x86_64 workstation.
Removing some of them have reduced the original size from 208 to 186 KB.
The blurred dark flame is made with less node though it could be tweaked
further instead of the bunch of planes. I have added some sparks from
the flames.

You can view the preliminary result on http://luya.fedorapeople.org/test/

There are more trimming to do to reduce the size of the file.

Luya

Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 01:01 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I took an opportunity to look at Waves background and noticed a
> tremendous amount
> of nodes for curves causing a huge slowdown to my x86_64 workstation.
> Removing some of them have reduced the original size from 208 to 186 KB.
> The blurred dark flame is made with less node though it could be tweaked
> further instead of the bunch of planes. I have added some sparks from
> the flames.
>
> You can view the preliminary result on http://luya.fedorapeople.org/test/
>
> There are more trimming to do to reduce the size of the file.
>
> Luya

Hi,

I trimmed down (the SVGs are around 130 kiB now) all the wallpapers and
did some additional changes to them:

1. I use different flames for different times of day (thus the flame
would not be static)
2. I removed halo from the night version, because I like it better
without it and don't see a reason to have a halo on a night sky...

Especially the flames might still need some polishing so I put it on
fedorapeople instead of wiki...

http://mso.fedorapeople.org/waves/

Martin