Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Daniel James

Default usb microphone

Hi Charlie,

> the only problem I have is that i could not get it to recognize my
> usb microphone.

What does this command return, if you type it into a terminal?

lsusb

It should say something like:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 047f:0ca1 Plantronics, Inc. USB DSP v4 Audio
Interface

From there, we can check if the microphone is USB audio class compliant,
or whether it needs some special driver or configuration tweak.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Daniel James

Hi Charlie,

> now i can't burn an installation disc because the file is too big for
> a cd and the disk burning program won't burn onto a DVD correctly!!

Try the latest beta, it will fit on a normal CD-R:

ftp://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/64studio/opendaw_4.0-beta1_amd64.iso

The md5sum is here:

ftp://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/64studio/opendaw_4.0-beta1_amd64.iso.md5sum

64 Studio version 2.1 was good in its time, but it's a little old now.

Cheers!

Daniel