Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Daniel James

Default Ardour with MIDI Tracks + my last words to Cubase (I hope)

Hi Ralf,

> Run top an see what
> happens if you add EQs and Reverb to your channels

You can reduce CPU load by using binaries that are optimised for your
CPU. The AMD64 version of 64 Studio is pretty well optimised for modern
hardware, but if you have a recent 32-bit machine (e.g. a Pentium 4)
then you can make a dramatic difference by recompiling your apps with
SSE2 flags etc.

We don't do this by default because it would prevent the 32-bit build
from working on older designs of hardware, like the original Pentium
chips, and mobile/low power designs like the Via C3.

Cheers!

Daniel