Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 AM
"Brian Redfern"

Default korg oasys + 64Studio

This has been my pro audio solution. I also use csound5 a lot, but its very slow to compose with, so saved a mad amount of money and got the Korg Oasys. The Oasys uses a linux kernel with a proprietary gui on top that's totally integrated with the hardware. Its the only keyboard that comes with a disk with the os kernel, since that part is GPL, they have to include the sourcecode with the keyboard. Although its possible to run vsts under the 32 bit version of 64studio, I found that ardour2 + the Oasys is really powerful. Rosegarden also works well to sequence it, but it also has its own internal sequencer and Karma functionality. It works well in combination with linux softsynths like ams.