Old 03-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Quentin Harley

Default The never ending OS debate

Hi 64studio users

As much fun as it may be to debate the pro's and conns of different
OSes, I think that it may be a little displaced in this list. This list
is for 64studio - mostly to discuss small problems that may arrise, and
for the passing of cool tips, should you find something that you never
knew, and really like.

There are far too many lists and forums dedicated to this apparent war,
and I believe it takes away time from the people willing to spend some
time towards the open source projects. The Idea about open source is
NOT to steal away the business from the commercial companies. They will
always have some business, by hook or by crook.

So, If you like to use other OSes, it is fine by me, really! Just don't
tell me I am silly to be making my 6th commercial product on this
platform, with results I could not archive with anything I could afford
from the Windoze world.

Let us focus our energies in making 64studio an OS of /*choice*/ among
(at least) the independent artists. Brow beating is not going to
convince anyone...

Cheers,
Quentin