Old 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Daniel James

Default How mane left?

Hi Will,

> Where *is* OpenDaw 4.0?

You can find beta1 here:

http://pdk.64studio.com/projects/opendaw/squeeze/images/

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 17:34 +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> > Where *is* OpenDaw 4.0?
>
> You can find beta1 here:
>
> http://pdk.64studio.com/projects/opendaw/squeeze/images/
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel hi Will

Squeeze ? Anyway, is there an OpenDAW repository that I can add to my
Debian?

Most of my Debian is Wheezy.

Cheers!

Ralf

Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 08:55 -0400, guerrier wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Robin Gareus <robin@64studio.com> wrote:
>
> > Nevertheless a successor of 64Studio called OpenDAW is sitting around
> > unannounced for some time now. Basically OpenDAW is debian/squeeze with
> > a handful of extra packages which did not [yet] make it into debian.
>

> > I suppose you could try to fix the system deadlock by updating the
> > kernel - if you want to give it a try: get back to me about it. There's
> > a 3.0.6-rt17 in the queue for OpenDAW; but it still lacks some testing.
>
> Do y'all need some testers? I am already running deb squeeze.
>
> guerrier

Robin, please send a link. Usually I build my own kernels, but I'm
willing to test it too. - Ralf

Old 10-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Robin Gareus

On 10/27/2011 02:32 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 08:55 -0400, guerrier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Robin Gareus <robin@64studio.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nevertheless a successor of 64Studio called OpenDAW is sitting around
>>> unannounced for some time now. Basically OpenDAW is debian/squeeze with
>>> a handful of extra packages which did not [yet] make it into debian.
>>

>>> I suppose you could try to fix the system deadlock by updating the
>>> kernel - if you want to give it a try: get back to me about it. There's
>>> a 3.0.6-rt17 in the queue for OpenDAW; but it still lacks some testing.
>>
>> Do y'all need some testers? I am already running deb squeeze.
>>
>> guerrier
>
> Robin, please send a link. Usually I build my own kernels, but I'm
> willing to test it too. - Ralf

Thanks for the offer. We're at 3.0.7-rt20 now and there are known
issues. OpenDAW will remain at 2.6.33.7.2-rt30 until something more
stable arrives.

Besides, I am currently experimenting with the proprietary NVIDIA driver
and linux-3.X-rt. The changes are not GPL compatible and the binary is
not redistributable.

so long,
robin