Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Daniel James

Default newbie stuff

Hi Richard,

> there are no repos listed in synaptic.

Yep, it's a beta :-)

> which repos do I use, afor dvd playing included

Any of the squeeze repos listed here:

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/

You'll also have to enable a local squeeze mirror for the standard packages.

> whats the syntax for loading them

You need libdvdcss plus your player of choice, e.g xine. For people in
the UK I would also recommend:

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

Cheers!

Daniel