Old 02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Chris Whitehouse

Default revert to debian

Hi, this is a rather backwards question. Can I install 64studio then
revert it to debian? Or would a standard debian install do what I want?

I have an oldish laptop which is to be general purpose not for music,
doesn't have too much memory. (I have another computer with 64studio). I
don't need the multimedia packages and rt kernel which come with
64studio but I like the general setup, for instance usb devices appear
on the desktop with an icon where you can unmount them, network is
fairly automatic etc.

Sorry for the rather odd question.

Chris

Old 02-18-2008, 03:02 AM
"Steve Corwin"

I can't answer your question about reverting to Debian, but I can say
that with a straight install of Debian Etch USB devices appear on the
desktop with an icon that allows you to unmount them, and
KNetworkManager has met my wireless needs on a Thinkpad T22 laptop
from 2001. So maybe a standard Debian install will do what you want.

-Steve