-   -   Quiet here (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/566720-quiet-here.html)

Ralf Mardorf 08-21-2011 10:37 PM

Quiet here

On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 19:26 -0300, Diego Simak wrote:
> It was a surprise to see an email from 64studio user mail list.
> I'll take this chance to ask here if anybody knows when will be
> released a new 64studio version (if 64studio still exists today).
> According to the last emails, the new version (planed to be released
> in last april) will include a kernel with force irq threads
> (>=2.6.39).

I'm still running 2.6.39 without rt patch but with threadirqs option for
GRUB, while the last time I made music was with 2.6.33.7.2-rt30 and MIDI
jitter free jack from svn. Forget it, it's outdated, take a look at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/ they are at
3.0.1-rt11.

I hope there will be a version with a real kernel-rt and current jack.

Diego Simak 08-21-2011 10:44 PM

Quiet here

Hi Ralf
I know, 2.6.39 is outdated. I've compiled it enabling also threadirqs in grub (btw your emails in LAU were very handy to me)
I managed also to compile 3.0.1 with RT Patch.

Yes, I hope also to have a new version with rt kernel and new jack version (possibly 3?)

I'm not a coder nor a developer but if I can help I'm some way (testing, user experience, docs) I'll be glad to help here.

Bye,
Diego

Ralf Mardorf 08-21-2011 10:56 PM

Quiet here

On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 19:44 -0300, Diego Simak wrote:
> Hi Ralf
> I know, 2.6.39 is outdated. I've compiled it enabling also threadirqs
> in grub (btw your emails in LAU were very handy to me)
> I managed also to compile 3.0.1 with RT Patch.
>
> Yes, I hope also to have a new version with rt kernel and new jack
> version (possibly 3?)
>
> I'm not a coder nor a developer but if I can help I'm some way
> (testing, user experience, docs) I'll be glad to help here.
>
> Bye,
> Diego

Diego :)

I won't adorn myself with borrowed plumes. It were Robin and others who
helped me at LAU :).

I've got a big problem, since I got a RME HDSPe AIO and get it working
with help from the community and my email address is open by some
mailing list, some people guess that I'm an expert and ask me for help
off all lists :D. I'm an idiot, not an expert, I'm just tough asking for
help and provoking.

The experts are from 64 Studio and I hope there will be a new release
some day.

Cheers!

Ralf

Diego Simak 08-21-2011 11:17 PM

Quiet here

yes I know, I've read all the emails about 2.6.39
and I saw that Robin and others actually provided the steps (that I've used) to compile 2.6.39 with threadirqs

I don't know why you say that you have a problem.

I'm not an expert neither but I think that I've learned a lot as a user in the linux audio world.
If I don't know something, I just say "I don't know just ask at LAU or LAD..."

Burkhard Woelfel 10-10-2011 07:42 PM

Quiet here

Am Sonntag 21 August 2011, 23:41:42 schrieb Folderol:
> {whistle}

{late whistle back}