-   -   Ubuntu 10 10 ate my 64studio (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/535936-ubuntu-10-10-ate-my-64studio.html)

Frank Smith 06-06-2011 07:26 PM

Ubuntu 10 10 ate my 64studio

Hi Guys
Seems I have no entry to boot 64studio any more Ubuntu is using grub2 and I have no idea of how to get it back.
Any ideas??

Cheers
all
Bob

Ralf Mardorf 06-06-2011 08:22 PM

Ubuntu 10 10 ate my 64studio

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 20:26 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> Hi Guys
> Seems I have no entry to boot 64studio any more Ubuntu is using grub2
> and I have no idea of how to get it back.
> Any ideas??
>
> Cheers
> all
> Bob

Yes. I can help you. I HATE grub2, but I use it too.

Ok, I guess if you run 'grub2-updater' you get grotesque entries for
GRUB's menu, right? Did you read all of them carefully? No 64 Studio
with a different name?

You can edit /boot/grub/grub.cfg similar to the GRUB1 menu.lst. Don't
care about the warning, that nobody should do this, it's the ONLY way to
edit a good menu.

I'm sure you'll be able to edit grub.cfg yourself, if not, then post
your grub.cfg and add information where on your disks 64 Studio is (use
gparted to see them) and what kernels are in /boot.

grub.cfg is the replacement for menu.lst

Hth,

Ralf