Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Daniel James

Default 64 Studio 4.0

Hi Harry,

> I heard from a little birdie that there was speak of 64 Studio 3 being
> released end January...

Actually it will be 4.0, because we released some Ubuntu based distros
in the 3.x series already. 4.0 is based on Debian Squeeze.

> How is this developing

I'm pleased to report that it's in good shape, mostly due to the fact
that the Debian developers have made great progress with multimedia
packaging. 4.0 also includes a 2.6.33-rt kernel built by Robin, which is
looking good too.

> is there a place where people could test an ISO
> and feedback?

Not yet, I'm afraid - there have been some delays on the commercial side
which have meant that we can't put out a public release yet. However, I
can say that there will be a formal release in early April, and we're
hoping to get some public betas out in the meantime.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
guerrier

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> wrote:

> Hi Harry,
>
> > I heard from a little birdie that there was speak of 64 Studio 3 being
> > released end January...
>
> Actually it will be 4.0, because we released some Ubuntu based distros
> in the 3.x series already. 4.0 is based on Debian Squeeze.

Hooray. Long live 64Studio 4.0, based on Debian Squeeze!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Jonathan Leonard

Wow thats some interesting news Daniel! *Looking forward to 4.0...anything we outsiders can do to contribute?
jonathan adams leonard

Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Folderol

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:42:27 -0800
Jonathan Leonard <jonathan.adams.leonard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow thats some interesting news Daniel! Looking forward to 4.0...anything
> we outsiders can do to contribute?
>
> jonathan adams leonard
>
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM, guerrier <guerrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Harry,

> > > Actually it will be 4.0, because we released some Ubuntu based distros
> > > in the 3.x series already. 4.0 is based on Debian Squeeze.
> >
> > Hooray. Long live 64Studio 4.0, based on Debian Squeeze!

{jumps up and down waving a fistful of crotchets in one hand and a piano roll
in the other}

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk

Old 02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Daniel James

Hi Jonathan,

> Looking forward to
> 4.0...anything we outsiders can do to contribute?

One of the best ways to help 64 Studio is by joining the Debian
Multimedia project. They really are doing great work, a lot of which we
re-use.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Once the 4.0 release series is under way, there will be lots more to do
around here though :-)

Cheers!

Daniel