Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
"Frank Smith"

Default Convert from wav to flac

Hi All
I'm trying to convert a 20 gig Directory of wav to flac.
Is there a way to do this all at once.
I cant seem to find the command line stuff for sox.

I need these in high quality Flac

Cheers

*Bob

--
Am 'I' blind with no 'I'

Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Daniel James

Hi Bob,

> I'm trying to convert a 20 gig Directory of wav to flac.
> Is there a way to do this all at once.

Yes, it's as simple as this:

$ flac *.wav

> I cant seem to find the command line stuff for sox.

$ man sox

will do the trick, but you shouldn't need it for this job.

> I need these in high quality Flac

All FLAC files are high quality, because it's a lossless format. The
trade off is between encoding speed and output file size, which you can
set with these switches:

--fast

Fastest compression.

--best