Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Daniel James

Default PPC Version?

Hi Byron,

> Is there a PPC version that could run on a G5 machine.

I'm afraid not, we target AMD64/Intel64 and to a lesser extent i386.

> I have had
> some success with Ubuntu and was looking into Ubuntu Studio when I
> discovered your efforts.

If you have Ubuntu installed already, then it should be possible to
configure the machine for low-latency audio work. See:

http://lowlatency.linuxaudio.org/

and

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#How%20can%20I%20configure%20and%20compi le%20my%20own%20kernel%20under%20PowerPC%20Linux?

Cheers!