-   -   Seraching for links, regarding to high quality sound cards, that are rt capable - List of working setups (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/428663-seraching-links-regarding-high-quality-sound-cards-rt-capable-list-working-setups.html)

Ralf Mardorf 09-18-2010 08:45 AM

Seraching for links, regarding to high quality sound cards, that are rt capable - List of working setups

While searching for a high quality rt capable sound card I couldn't find
very detailed information, I only fond something similar to e.g.
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/List_of_Working_Setups

1.1 sound quality for analog IOs (information is available, because it's
independent to the usage with Linux)
I didn't find information that is important for users, e.g.
1.2 could there be issues for the sound quality caused by Linux drivers
etc.?
2. latency
3. latency jitter correlation when using audio + MIDI
4. issues or no issues for PCI, USB, firewire (assumed MIDI is supported
by a second PCI sound card)
5. compatibility, resp. support for Linux rt (and not that important the
desktop too, e.g. issues or no issues with pulseaudio)
6. How often will there be issues with JACK, such as disconnecting
clients, asyncs, xruns?
7. For graphics I know issues, that one graphic is ok with distro a, but
not fine with distro b. So for sound cards it would be important if
there are distros that are known to work out of the box, with the sound
card, most of the times.
8. How common is a sound card for the Linux rt audio community?
Important for future support.

IMO it's very important what results a sound card will have, if the user
won't compile and set up everything him or her self.

Any links on German and English that aren't outdated are welcome.

:)
Ralf