Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Quentin Harley

Default broken update

Daryl Williams wrote:
> folks, i recently tried to update my 64 studio distribution
> using aptitude, and run into some problems
>
> any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. everything
> was working great up to a few days ago...

No way out at the moment... Whatever you try it seems to break more.
We are just waiting for Free to tune the testing repository again.

Join the club...

Cheers,
Quentin

Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Gustin Johnson

dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/cdd-utils_0.3_all.deb

Then;
~ aptitude dist-upgrade
or
~ apt-get dist-upgrade

It should go without saying that the previous commands require root
privileges.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Free Ekanayaka

Hi all,

|--==> Gustin Johnson writes:

GJ> dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/cdd-utils_0.3_all.deb
GJ> Then;
GJ> ~ aptitude dist-upgrade
GJ> or
GJ> ~ apt-get dist-upgrade

GJ> It should go without saying that the previous commands require root
GJ> privileges.

That's actually not the best solution, as cdd-utils is needed. Better
replace it with 64studio-tasksel-data, which is now not used anymore:

dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/cdd-utils_0.3_all.deb

I'll try to fix the testing branch, the cause of the flaws is probably
the massing backporting introduced for gimp 2.4.

Ciao!

Free