Old 08-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Frank Smith

Default No Sound Firefox and Chrome

HI GuysIs this*ever*getting sorted out?
Using an*RIME*card I have no sound at all.When setting sound from the*menu*I get the 1k tone on the systembut no sound in Youtube..

When are we coming out of Beta, I*also*note a big slowdown on the forumssome posts not getting answered at all, is 64studio being allowed to die of and stagnate,I see this happen when software is in Beta for a long time.

This sound issue I also see on a lot of forums.
CheersBob

Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 16:25 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> HI Guys
> Is this ever getting sorted out?
>

> Using an RIME card I have no sound at all.
> When setting sound from the menu I get the 1k tone on the system
> but no sound in Youtube..
>

> When are we coming out of Beta, I also note a big slowdown on the
> forums
> some posts not getting answered at all, is 64studio being allowed to
> die of and stagnate,
> I see this happen when software is in Beta for a long time.
>

> This sound issue I also see on a lot of forums.
>

> Cheers
> Bob

Hi Bob

is there sound for a media player using ALSA?
Is there sound for an app using JACK with backend ALSA, e.g. for a soft
synth?

I assume that there is just no sound for YouTube.

Do you use gnash or the proprietary flashplayer? What version? What
architecture?

Last time I used 3.0-beta3 I had no issues with the proprietary
flashplayer for amd64.

Did you add third party repositories? I note that e.g. sound for Ubuntu
Studio is broken on my machine and I'm not the only one, there should be
an issue with ALSA. Additionally there are still all those fantastic
PortAudio issues on any Linux distro I'm testing, but 64 Studio.

- Ralf