Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Frank Smith

Default That Graphics card stuff again

Hi AllI cannot seem to load the Nvidia driver by any means.Is this something to do with the RT kernel.The driver says it cannot find kernel sources and such.It seems I have these*according*to synaptic.
I'm stuck at a silly setting on my box.
Any ideas?
CheersBob

Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 18:23 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> Hi All
> I cannot seem to load the Nvidia driver by any means.
> Is this something to do with the RT kernel.
> The driver says it cannot find kernel sources and such.
> It seems I have these according to synaptic.
> I'm stuck at a silly setting on my box.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Cheers
> Bob

Hahaha

regarding to this I've bad luck with 64 Studio 3.0-beta3, but good luck
with 64 Studio 3.3 alpha and Suse 10.2 ... not with all kernels. At the
same time latest Ubuntu Studio is fine with NVIDIA, but a PITA regarding
to any kernel rt.

So the ultimate question is: What version of 64 Studio and what kernel
do you use.

Perhaps we could exchange experiences, btw. I'm running amd64 only and
the graphics is a NVIDIA 7200 GS equal to

# hwinfo --gfxcard
Model: "nVidia GeForce 7300 SE"

Cheers!

Ralf

Old 07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 18:23 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> Hi All
> I cannot seem to load the Nvidia driver by any means.
> Is this something to do with the RT kernel.
> The driver says it cannot find kernel sources and such.
> It seems I have these according to synaptic.
> I'm stuck at a silly setting on my box.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Cheers
> Bob