Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Daniel James

Default A band like "Pengwyn Parc" really exists!

Hi Peter,

> I just stumbled across your story about using Free Software tools in a
> band's life. Just for the fun of it, I thought I'd let you know, that the
> band I'm in, called "XBloome" [1], is actually doing *exactly* what Pengwyn
> Parc does

I had a listen to your first album - good stuff. It reminded me of
Bjork's work with Mark Bell from LFO, and then you hit with that Scott
Walker inspired track at the end - I wasn't expecting that :-)

> So, although I have used Ubuntu Hardy on our studio computer, I'm just
> right now setting up the new system and it's gonna be 64studio.

You could try the Hardy-based 3.0 beta 3 release, but we will have
something more up to date available shortly.

> in case
> you'd like to give GNU/Linux audio users a real world example of what's
> possible with Free Software used in a musical band context, we'd be honored
> to serve as one of those examples.

Thanks, I will do ;-)

Cheers!

Daniel