Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
luca cartolari

Default audio firewire... which model

Hi,
I have to buy a firewire audio-card.
I've a a DELL inspiron laptop (32 bit) with 64studio on it.
What do you think about?
Which model may be the best?

thanks
bye

Luca

Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Susan Dridi

luca cartolari wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to buy a firewire audio-card.
> I've a a DELL inspiron laptop (32 bit) with 64studio on it.
> What do you think about?
> Which model may be the best?
>
> thanks
> bye
>
> Luca

Hi Luca,

You might want to look at:

http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/List_of_Working_Setups

I have a Presonus Firepod, which works great, but I've never tried it
with a laptop and don't know if there are other issues to consider. I
would guess there wouldn't be if you can load the ffado or freebob (or
whatever it's called these days) driver.

Good luck!

-Susan