Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Ichthyostega

Default Reading the current discussion on LAD I'm pissed

Ralf Mardorf schrieb:
> Sorry, I need to get a sniff and I need to blubber out. Ignore my email.

Hi Ralf

sorry couldn't resist *not* to ignore your mail ;-)

> Did anybody follow "minimal LV2" on LAD?
> Fuck, there are real issues, but gifted coders are talking about formalities.

You should be aware that 80% of a developers "real" work is to observe
formalities up to the tiniest detail. Just having good will and a robust
common sense sadly enough doesn't make a single computer move or work.

There is no "real stuff" beyond formalities, coding is all about formalities.
But people, even a lot of developers, tend to forget that fact.

Honestly, I can't see what is so annoying with the discussion you quote.
I've seen real developers flame-wars, but this here is just an ordinary
exchange. Someone not so familiar with a plugin interface asks some
questions and gets an answer. Something else rants a bit and questions
why parts of that interface are so seemingly complicated (which might
be a valid observation at first sight).

I think, Paul Davies gave a very insightful general answer to that
kind of doubts, thus allow me to quote from it below...

Cheers
Hermann V.

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 00:08:55 EEST