Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
nescivi

Default SuperCollider on 64Studio?

Hi,

On Jan 14, 2008 5:58 PM, mike clemow <gelfmuse@gmail.com> wrote:
> (whoops, i send this to the dev mailing list. sorry folks.)
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm curious whether anyone is using SuperCollider on 64Studio and, if
> they are, whether they installed it from source or used a .deb package
> somewhere.

I have it installed from source, partly, since I am a developer, but
also since the .deb package in unstable is very old and outdated.
The problem with building from source on 64studio, is that you will
need some dev packages, which you will need to get from Debian.
Hopefully at some point in the future, a more up to date SuperCollider
deb package can be provided...

btw, if you are actually on a 64-bit machine, check the SuperCollider
swiki for building, since the language does not work natively on
64-bit. There are some hints on the swiki on how to install SC in that
case.

sincerely,
Marije