Old 05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Neil Clopton

Default Backing up Ardour Files

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Andre Majorel <aym-psd@teaser.fr> wrote:

On 2010-05-14 11:47 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> File names are allowed to use any sign excepted the /, NUL, * and ? in

> Linux file names.

Unix forbids exactly two characters in file names : NUL and "/".

"*" and "?" are legal ; they just need to be quoted or escaped if

they appear on a shell command line. Just like white space, ";",

"(", ")", "|", "<", ">", "&", and a few others.

Thankfully the UNIX tradition includes properly documenting such things and sticking with good standards.* In other realms the rules sometimes change with little or no notice.

I'm a system administrator and I encourage my users to use only letters, numbers, single spaces, ., - and _ in filenames.* It prevents a lot of problems when copying data between OS's or file systems and when making backups.* Even if there is no problem with the OS there may be one with an application, a file sharing protocol or the file system.

Neil
--
DJ Dual Core's Blog
http://oldmixtapes.blogspot.com/

Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Neil Clopton wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Andre Majorel <aym-psd@teaser.fr
> <mailto:aym-psd@teaser.fr>> wrote:
>
> On 2010-05-14 11:47 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > File names are allowed to use any sign excepted the /, NUL, *
> and ? in
> > Linux file names.
>
> Unix forbids exactly two characters in file names : NUL and "/".
> "*" and "?" are legal ; they just need to be quoted or escaped if
> they appear on a shell command line. Just like white space, ";",
> "(", ")", "|", "<", ">", "&", and a few others.
>

> Thankfully the UNIX tradition includes properly documenting such
> things and sticking with good standards. In other realms the rules
> sometimes change with little or no notice.
>
> I'm a system administrator and I encourage my users to use only
> letters, numbers, single spaces, ., - and _ in filenames. It prevents
> a lot of problems when copying data between OS's or file systems and
> when making backups. Even if there is no problem with the OS there
> may be one with an application, a file sharing protocol or the file
> system.
>
> Neil

I guess compatibility would stop for Windows, when people for example do
use to much dots in the file name. Anyway, I tend to avoid even the
regular space and I also tend to add unneeded information, e.g. '.txt'
and by the way, some apps are pedantic, e.g. they wont extract a '.gz'
or '.bz' if you just made a typo 'g' vs 'b', but the app still is able
to detect the kind of archive.

I don't like apps that allow users to e.g. name tracks using any sign,
but then they try to save a track or part of a track using it's 'bad'
name to include to the file name.

IMO even a single space is uncomfortable and a _ is much better instead
of using a space and I guess also the ~ is a valid sign for Linux,
instead of .BAK.

Thanks,
Ralf

Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Gustin Johnson

On 10-05-14 11:56 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
<snip>

> ... wow, it works. Do you know that most information about issues
> similar to this one don't have good explanations in the web?

Actually these sorts of things *are* well documented. The beginners and
the advanced bash guides for example.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Gustin Johnson wrote:
> On 10-05-14 11:56 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> ... wow, it works. Do you know that most information about issues
>> similar to this one don't have good explanations in the web?
>>

> Actually these sorts of things *are* well documented. The beginners and
> the advanced bash guides for example.

Hi Bob

Bob did you check the file names for multiple space-signs?

Hi Gustin

A NOTE AT FIRST, I'm not speaking against Linux, I'm arguing against
your opinion. Neither Bob, nor I are idiots and Bob did use allowed
signs, perhaps he did read and understand the beginners and the advanced
bash guides.

I wasn't at LAC, but I guess they were talking about a lack of
documentation too. Your opinion seems to be an exceptional opinion.

Yes a good idea, every musician using Linux should read the advanced
bash guides, sounds close to reality for the dash issue and the file
name issue in general:

Frank Smith wrote:
> HI All
> Trying to backup my multi-track files from Ardour and I keep getting
> <F1>Name of file ect
> as invalid file name and cannot back up the whole Dir.
>
> This means I'll have missing audio when I come to replay the session.
>
> Anything I can do?
>
> Cheers
> Bob

'Are Linux users lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of reliable, well-engineered commercial software?'
-- Matt Welsh

Linux is the most worse documented OS (of the OSs that have a "bigger"
user community) regarding to what users do need. A good documentation
needs a good index + enough hits by search engines. Users often, e.g.
musicians often aren't nerds who wish to learn how to use a terminal and
other stuff that is completely irrelevant for a musician and btw. I know
German musicians, able to understand English, they are intelligent, but
no computer freaks, or even tech freaks, so when a friend did read
"host: MIDI, PC1, PC2, Mac" on a switch besides the MIDI IOs of his
Clavinova and the Clavinova's MIDI didn't work with other keyboards, he
didn't think about that "Mac" might be a bad position for this switch,
he thought that his Clavinova was defect. Sounds idiotic? Dolphins could
easily jump over tuna nets instead of dying in those nets, if they would
have the same thinking, cognition as humans do have, but they are
different to us. Users need better documentation, short quick guides on
their native language. A user seldom has knowledge about the tools he is
using. A developer needs to take care about this, that's why e.g. for
electric the two contacts of a main plug are one plug instead of also
having single plugs for each contact and in the professional electronic
world it's more safe, but less, because of isolating transformers. Main
plugs designed by the penguin would tend to be two single plugs, hence
the user would be able to disconnect one plug and to kill herself/
himself. Linux developers would use those two plugs instead of one plug
too and they wouldn't use isolating transformers. I'm doing this at
home, because 'knowledge + no stress = safe', this is the situation for
Linux developers too, but not for users, they do miss knowledge and not
at work, because of the stress.
If your hobby is the computer the Linux documentation is fine. If you're
a typist you would visit a desktop and openoffice class. If you are a
musician? How many on this list do use Linux at home, but Pro Tools &
Co. at work?

Regarding to the problem of the original post, it's possible to get a
lot of links that nearly say the same about the signs that are allowed
for file names, but OTOH there's somebody having an issue seemingly
because he used the < and > signs for track names. The application
allowed him to do this and now he has got trouble. It's not only that
for Linux < and > are allowed signs for file names, but also that even
the poster child of Linux audio apps seems to fail.

Documentations say that < and > are allowed in file names. Paul Davis is
known as a gifted coder and POSIX pedant, Ardour is the poster child of
Linux audio apps, so why should a user think that < and > aren't allowed
signs while Ardour allows him to use this signs?

Regarding to the dash as first sign for file names and easy ways to use
those file names by command line, I didn't get any hit on English or
German when using google.com and google.de. Most hits didn't say
anything about the dash, but one link said that it's impossible to use
the dash as first sign.

Btw. the command rm¹ comes with a quick guide, but I didn't find any
other command's output or documentation, when just searching for issues
because of file names and making some tests. And even if documentations
about signs in file names for Linux do differ, no documentation (I got
hits by using Google) reported issues with the < and > in a file name
and just one documentation referred to the dash as first sign, by giving
no way how to solve the issue for the dash.

Cheers!

Ralf

¹
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ cd Desktop
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ touch -n
touch: invalid option -- n
Try `touch --help' for more information.
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ touch -- -n
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls
-n
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ rm -n
rm: invalid option -- n
Try `rm ./-n' to remove the file `-n'.
Try `rm --help' for more information.
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ cat -n
^C
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ rm -- -n
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ touch --help
Usage: touch [OPTION]... FILE...
Update the access and modification times of each FILE to the current time.

A FILE argument that does not exist is created empty.

A FILE argument string of - is handled specially and causes touch to
change the times of the file associated with standard output.

Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
-a change only the access time
-c, --no-create do not create any files
-d, --date=STRING parse STRING and use it instead of current time
-f (ignored)
-m change only the modification time
-r, --reference=FILE use this file's times instead of current time
-t STAMP use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time
--time=WORD change the specified time:
WORD is access, atime, or use: equivalent to -a
WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m
--help display this help and exit
--version output version information and exit

Note that the -d and -t options accept different time-date formats.

Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>.
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$

Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Frank Smith wrote:
> HI All
> Trying to backup my multi-track files from Ardour and I keep getting
> <F1>Name of file ect
> as invalid file name and cannot back up the whole Dir.
>
> This means I'll have missing audio when I come to replay the session.
>
> Anything I can do?
>
> Cheers
> Bob

I wonder if it's solved now. If so please post the solution. If not, by
what way did you try to copy the files? A function by Ardour, a command,
an app? What output exactly did you get? Hopefully it's on English. If
not running 'export LANG=en_US.UTF-8' might help.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Frank Smith wrote:
>> HI All
>> Trying to backup my multi-track files from Ardour and I keep getting
>> <F1>Name of file ect as invalid file name and cannot back up the
>> whole Dir.
>>
>> This means I'll have missing audio when I come to replay the session.
>>
>> Anything I can do?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Bob
>
> I wonder if it's solved now. If so please post the solution. If not,
> by what way did you try to copy the files? A function by Ardour, a
> command, an app? What output exactly did you get? Hopefully it's on
> English. If not running 'export LANG=en_US.UTF-8' might help.

FWIW, if you're unsure, if you did use correct commands, you should diff
folders.

E.g. the asterisk on Linux does behave different to this wildcard on
other OS.

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a
. .. folder_A
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A
. .. folder_B testA .testA
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A/folder_B
. .. testB .testB
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ cp -r folder_A/* ~/Desktop
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a
. .. folder_A folder_B testA
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_B
. .. testB .testB

The hidden file .testA wasn't, but the hidden file .testB was copied.
Solving this issue isn't hard to do, but when using several combinations
of wildcards to copy just files, that include something wanted in their
file names, shell-globbing can become a PITA.

Did you do tests with listing the folder you wish recursively and
completely to copy?

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A/*
folder_A/testA

folder_A/folder_B:
. .. testB .testB
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A/
. .. folder_B testA .testA
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A/.
. .. folder_B testA .testA
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~/Desktop$ ls -a folder_A/.[!.]*
folder_A/.testA

etc.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Frank Smith

HI All
This is now what I get after copying the interchange files back to the Ardour session ( note I had to remove a space in the File name of lately as it gave an error)

.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F2>vox 5-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (ax tele-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F2>vox-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F1>vox bob-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F2>new vox-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F1>taylor 1-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F1>kit -2-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F1>Kit slow-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (<F1>Kit slow-1-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Audio 1.1-0-bounce-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Audio 1-2.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (taylor 5-1.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Audio 3-2.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles

[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (taylor 4-4.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Hammond 070410-L.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Hammond 070410-R.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately piano 070410-L.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately piano 070410-R.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Choir 180410-L.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Choir 180410-R.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Rhodes 180410-L.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (Lately Rhodes 180410-R.wav): while searching /media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/talking-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: talking:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/kit _2-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: kit -2:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Kit slow-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Kit slow:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Kit slow-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Kit slow:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/vox-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: vox:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/60_Fill_05rc-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: 60_Fill_05rc:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/60_Fill_05rc-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: 60_Fill_05rc:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/taylor 1-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: taylor 1:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/new vox-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: new vox:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/vox 5-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: vox 5:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/vox bob-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: vox bob:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/taylor 3-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: taylor 3:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/solo tele-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: solo tele:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/taylor 5-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: taylor 5:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/taylor 4-1.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: taylor 4:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Hammond 070410-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Hammond 070410:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Hammond 070410-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Hammond 070410:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately piano 070410-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately piano 070410:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately piano 070410-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately piano 070410:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Choir 180410-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Choir 180410:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Choir 180410-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Choir 180410:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Rhodes 180410-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Rhodes 180410:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/Lately Rhodes 180410-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: Lately Rhodes 180410:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/choir_intro-1%L.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: choir-intro:0 new capture file not initialized correctly

[ERROR]: SndFileSource: cannot open file "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles/choir_intro-1%R.wav" for read+write (System error.)
[ERROR]: choir-intro:1 new capture file not initialized correctly

I note a few system errors at the end
Any ideas what would cause this. seems the wav files are there now ( 1.2 gigs of them)

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
Bob

On 14 May 2010 09:31, Frank Smith <frsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

HI Niel
Thank you for your reply.
The only thing I can see is the <F1>. Will this cause a problem?
These are system generated files from Ardour.
Has this problem been documented? I can find nothing on the net.

Cheers
Bob

On 13 May 2010 21:33, Neil Clopton <djdualcore@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Frank Smith <frsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

HI AllTrying to backup my*multi-track*files from Ardour *and I keep getting <F1>Name of file ect *as invalid*file name*and cannot back up the whole Dir.
This means I'll have missing audio when I come to replay the session.

Anything I can do?
Do any of the files you created have names including ,:;'"/?$%&#! or | ?
There are others that can cause problems but I think I caught all of the most likely ones in that string.

-Neil

Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 14:59 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> HI All
> This is now what I get after copying the interchange files back to the
> Ardour session ( note I had to remove a space in the File name of
> lately as it gave an error) [snip]

How did you do the backup?

This is still the correct path;
"/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles"?
It didn't change to something similar to;
"/media/backup/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles" ?

Btw. there are no < and > here:
"cannot find required file (Lately Choir 180410-L.wav)"

Old 05-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Ralf Mardorf

> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 14:59 +0100, Frank Smith wrote:
> > HI All
> > This is now what I get after copying the interchange files back to the
> > Ardour session ( note I had to remove a space in the File name of
> > lately as it gave an error) [snip]
>
> How did you do the backup?
>
> This is still the correct path;
> "/media/disk/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles"?
> It didn't change to something similar to;
> "/media/backup/All-Multitrack/lately/interchange/lately /audiofiles" ?
>
> Btw. there are no < and > here:
> "cannot find required file (Lately Choir 180410-L.wav)"

Interchange? http://www.google.de/#hl=de&source=hp&q=Linux
+interchange&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=d77866 9e1739683f

Old 05-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Frank Smith

Update
I removed a space from the main file "lately" using bluefish
and now have some of the files back I seem to have lost all drums ( imported and copied from another drum disk)
All the main acoustic guitars 2 tracks

and al the vocal tracks.

cheers
Bob