Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Daniel James

Default 3.3-alpha2 - a slightly less bleeding release

Hi Robin,

> I've started to package 2.6.33.2-rt13 - which runs just fine

Great!

> however
> there a are a few loose ends which I won't be able to tie up before
> LAC2010.

No problem, there's lots to do. I bet you'll need a rest afterwards too :-)

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> I'm downloading the alpha's ISO right now. Should I upgrade to 2.6.33
> after the installation is finished or are there any bad issues?

The 2.6.33 kernel is not in the repository yet, don't get too excited :-)

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>

>> I'm downloading the alpha's ISO right now. Should I upgrade to 2.6.33
>> after the installation is finished or are there any bad issues?
>>

> The 2.6.33 kernel is not in the repository yet, don't get too excited :-)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

Good morning Daniel

K3b notified about an error, the written data in track 1 differs from
original. Could it be that this isn't an error, but because I burned the
CD ISO to a DVD? I couldn't find information about the content of track
1 for DVDs in the web.

Cheers!
Ralf

Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> K3b notified about an error, the written data in track 1 differs from
> original. Could it be that this isn't an error, but because I burned the
> CD ISO to a DVD?

It should be OK on either DVD-R or CD-R - maybe it's just one of those
random burning errors, or faulty media. I had to send a pack of 100
CD-Rs back to the shop once; every one I tested burned with errors.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>

>> K3b notified about an error, the written data in track 1 differs from
>> original. Could it be that this isn't an error, but because I burned the
>> CD ISO to a DVD?
>>

> It should be OK on either DVD-R or CD-R - maybe it's just one of those
> random burning errors, or faulty media. I had to send a pack of 100
> CD-Rs back to the shop once; every one I tested burned with errors.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

MD5sums for CD ISOs will differ to the MD5sums of the ready burned DVD,
of course the MD5sum shown by K3b before the burning, has to be the same
as the one for the CD ISO.

I guess on track 1 is the information about multi sessions etc., the DVD
is readable ... I'm not sure if I should repeat the burning, resp.
install from the USB stick or if I should use the DVD with the error on
track 1?