Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Diego Simak

Default A request at the hands of the persons responsible for 64 Studio

HI Daniel, is this 64 Studio Alpha 3.3 version available for download
at the moment?

Thank you very much,
Diego

Old 04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Daniel James

Hi Diego,

> is this 64 Studio Alpha 3.3 version available for download
> at the moment?

Yes - there was a very low-key announcement on the development list:

http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-devel/2010-March/006789.html

This distro is definitely not for production use; the 32-bit version is
not tested at all, and probably broken. If you don't mind experimenting,
then this release may be of interest - otherwise, I would recommend
waiting for the first beta.

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Diego Simak

Thank Daniel, good to know about this new release.

I'll wait for the first beta to give a try.

Thank you,

Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>

>> is this 64 Studio Alpha 3.3 version available for download
>> at the moment?
>>

> Yes - there was a very low-key announcement on the development list:
>
> http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-devel/2010-March/006789.html
>
> This distro is definitely not for production use; the 32-bit version is
> not tested at all, and probably broken. If you don't mind experimenting,
> then this release may be of interest - otherwise, I would recommend
> waiting for the first beta.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

I'm subscribed to the devel list, but I disabled receiving mails ,
that's why I wasn't informed too.

I guess AV Linux 2r2 did use LXDE and I liked it very much.
GDM can be a PITA, resp. the troubles I know from GDM for 3.0-beta3 are
because of the X settings, that aren't set up by xorg.conf.
"The ALSA sequencer is broken" and I guess this are good presuppositions
regarding* to MIDI jitter .

Is there a deadline for the beta version?

*aaargh, I forgot this vocable and now I remember it and "because of"
does mean something completely different