Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>> Here the installation failed at campcaster-station. FWIW it's not 3.3
>> alpha1, but alpha2.
> That's actually a test build on the way to alpha2 that you've
> downloaded, it's not quite ready :-)
> The inclusion of campcaster (a radio station automation application) was
> just for testing purposes.
>> When there was the question regarding to the boot
>> device I didn't check a box, but continued, because I won't install a
>> new bootloader. Perhaps it has to do with this? I know
>> campcaster-station has nothing to do with it, but maybe the step after
> Yes, that should be towards the end of the install - it's a grub2 thing.
> Gustin is quite right that dual booting this alpha on a production
> machine is probably not worth the hassle.
it was just for testing purpose regarding to my new second hand NVIDIA.
A friend, a musician, who won't use the computer for music, but for
emailing etc. will get a 3.0-beta3 install done by me. I tried it some
days ago, when we thought his Vista was broken, but it wasn't the fault
of Vista. I need the whole day to repair his hardware, so I still need
to install a Linux, 64 Studio, on his machine. He is willing to try
Linux, not only because of me, but also because people from his family
are Linux users, who can't belief that he is using Windows. He was
already thinking of paying for Windows 7, but I gave him a verbal slap
in the face. I offered him any Linux plus XP instead. 64 Studio
3.0-beta3 won the race
The long and the short of it, I do know that 3.0-beta3 is the only valid
version, I'll use it, I'll install it for other people. I only wish to
know if my NVIDIA would work perfectly, like it does for Suse, when
using the current alpha.
For music, excepted of the old issue MIDI jitter for external devices,
64 Studio is ok when using the FLOSS "nv" driver. Just GDM is broken,
but I don't care about this.
Everything is ok here, when using 3.0-beta3, anyway it would be
interesting to test the alpha version. To be honest, I already have an
unused Karmic install and could test it by revivifying this install again.
Thank you for the reply. No problem, I'm able to wait until an alpha or
beta version is more stable.
64studio-users mailing list