-   -   I wonder how this "animation" is done (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/355158-i-wonder-how-animation-done.html)

Ralf Mardorf 04-11-2010 08:50 AM

I wonder how this "animation" is done

Obviously it's danced by human dancers that already were dressed in an
anime character style, but sometimes it's really good, not just a shoddy
trick. Please stand the whole video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBWKh5L2ls&feature=related

Any ideas?

Daniel James 04-13-2010 09:30 AM

I wonder how this "animation" is done

Hi Ralf,

> Obviously it's danced by human dancers that already were dressed in an
> anime character style, but sometimes it's really good, not just a shoddy
> trick. Please stand the whole video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBWKh5L2ls&feature=related

I took a look - the individual dance moves were downloaded from
photobucket.com, then the video author matched them to the song (by eye
and ear, I'd guess).

If you are interested in this sort of animation you should check out
http://morevnaproject.org/

Cheers!

Daniel

Ralf Mardorf 04-14-2010 02:02 AM

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>

>> Obviously it's danced by human dancers that already were dressed in an
>> anime character style, but sometimes it's really good, not just a shoddy
>> trick. Please stand the whole video:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBWKh5L2ls&feature=related
>>

> I took a look - the individual dance moves were downloaded from
> photobucket.com, then the video author matched them to the song (by eye
> and ear, I'd guess).

For the last figure, having a very good quality, I was sure that this
was "stolen", ok, so the whole thing, even the low quality figures were
"stolen".

> If you are interested in this sort of animation you should check out
> http://morevnaproject.org/

I'll read it later, but it seems to be that doing extremely good moves
still needs much gift, work and time ;) and perhaps some fast computers
for the rendering.