Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Folderol

Default Music made with Linux only ( 64studio)

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:46:35 +0000
Frank Smith <frsmith@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI All
> Well here it is.
> Money where your mouth is time!
>
> Take a listen all produced in 64studio from start to finish.
> Rock music with a ballad for good measure.
> No need to login:
>
> http://www.projectoverseer.biz/BluesLSD/
>

> Cheers
> Bob
Very good work.
When 'Hold Back The Tide' started I thought it sounded familiar, then
as soon as the girl started singing I definitely recognised it. This is
a much fuller and more developed arrangement!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk

Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Frank Smith

Hi Philippe
I'll pass this on to John the keys man.
He uses a Roland, as yet we don't use any soft synths just guitars and keyboards plus our own vocals ( apart from Tide which was my ex partner)

John will be able to tell you all the settings and what he used.

We normally have about 8 to 10 tracks of keys ( which is why we needed the two DDX desks
You guys keep taking all the tracks :-) )

The guitars are all custom guitars made to my specs yes I am that anal!! going through a Boss GT10 effects processor ( So no amps here!!)

So as you can see we use no software synths or software reverbs on the actual tracks.
We try and keep the wav files as clean as possible.

The only compressors we use are in Jamin at the mastering stage ( which we haven't done yet!)

*I'm still learning the ropes as regards Jamin and taking my time.

I'll put together a webpage with photo's and stuff this weekend I hope!

Thanks for your time

Bob