Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Flash-Player - was Auto Tune

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 15:23 +0100, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> > I get an error now saying nsplugin not found and cannot be installed.
>
> As Ralf mentioned, the download URL gets broken every time Adobe changes
> their website. Instead, I would recommend you try either the native
> 64-bit beta of Adobe's 10.1 plugin:
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
>
> or to compile your own Gnash, because the Ubuntu version of Gnash is too
> far behind upstream to be useful.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel

is latest gnash able to play at least YouTube videos? And if so, should
we try the current beta or latest trunk from git?

After installing a new version of a distro I always give gnash a chance,
before I search for the 64-bit flash player from Adobe, to install it
instead of gnash.

Until now gnash wasn't usable for my needs, just because YouTube
grumbled, that the version of flash player should be outdated .

At http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/download.html it's written that
0.8.2 shouldn't work with YouTube, but the current beta is 0.8.8.

Hm, here the proprietary flash player is ok for all the distros I'm
using, but anyway I would prefer gnash, if it should work.

Cheers!

Ralf

Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> is latest gnash able to play at least YouTube videos?

According to the Gnash website, 100% of YouTube videos now.

> And if so, should
> we try the current beta or latest trunk from git?

Git I should think, it's still under heavy development.

Cheers!

Daniel