Old 02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Enrico Rizzo

Default Bristol Synth and Jack Midi

Hi everybody,
*
I really enjoyed the 64studio release i downloaded a few days ago to make some noise with*my AMD64 based PC.
*
Today I hacked a little with Bristol sources, latest version, and at last it worked.
*
The only problem is that no midi input port for bristol is listed in jack control (audio output is shown correctly instead), so I can't trigger sound by MIDI (the virtual embedded keyboard works fine).
*
I run the startBristol script with -jack -B3.
*
Anyone has experimented yet?
*
Thanks

Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Tapani Sysimetsä

Enrico Rizzo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I really enjoyed the 64studio release i downloaded a few days ago to
> make some noise with my AMD64 based PC.
>
> Today I hacked a little with Bristol sources, latest version, and at
> last it worked.
>
> The only problem is that no midi input port for bristol is listed in
> jack control (audio output is shown correctly instead), so I can't
> trigger sound by MIDI (the virtual embedded keyboard works fine).
>
> I run the startBristol script with -jack -B3.
>
> Anyone has experimented yet?
>
> Thanks

Hi Enrico,

I had the same problem. The writer of Bristol, Nick Copeland, advised to
use this command to activate ALSA SEQ interface instead of ALSA rawmidi:

startBristol -jack -midi seq

Works fine here. The latest version of Bristol is indeed nice and much
more stable than earlier versions.

Cheers,

Tapani

Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 AM