Old 02-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Debug shutdown delay

Antanas Budriūnas wrote:
> Hello, Brian,
>
> 2010/2/9 Brian Bergstrom <boilingbergstrom@gmail.com>:
>
>> I think I got a bit excited. It turns out that after the first attempt
>> to get the shutdown dialog, it pops up instantly after that. WICD was
>> the first thing I killed, so I thought it was the culprit. I removed it
>> from startup and uninstalled it from the system, but the shutdown delay
>> still happens. Herm, back to step one.
>>

> Do you have Power manager process running?
> Once I had such issue when I removed gnome-power-manager as
> "unnecessary" for desktop PC.
> But you mentioned a laptop, so my guess could be wrong.
>

> Antanas Budriūnas

Has any power manager impact when using a real-time kernel? Did this
happens for you, when using a real-time kernel? OTOH I guess your hint
is a good one, because of HAL. Dunno what's the reason for this, but
Hardy generally tends to do, what it does on my machine: Couldn't
display "computer:". Nautilus cannot handle computer: locations.
Referring to Dave's hint and yours and because there is an issue for
Nautilus, it might be that the stall for the shut down on his computer
has something to do with unmounting devices.

Just a shot in the dark .

--
Bert from Sesame Street in Taxi Driver scene "You Talkin' Me?":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IXmHqPWxUw&feature=related