Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
"Mathias Krause"

Default Fw: where is:linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia

Hi List,
hi Q,

> [...]
>
> Sounds like you are being blocked around every obstacle...
>
> I thinks I'll do a reinstall to see what is needed to get it going
> without tearing your hair out ;-)
>
> I'll report back later,
> Cheers

now, i solved my problems with the nvidia graphic card and 64studio beta3.
I will try to describe what i did:

The first issue was, that i could not find the
linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia package in repository and
therefore i could not install linux-headers-2.6.29-1-multimedia-amd64.

So i tried with linux-headers-2.6.31.6-rt19-20100103. I downloaded the
packages and tried to install nvidia. Still the nvidia installer says it
could not find the kernel sources for my kernel.

Then, i searched through some old backups and found that i had installed
the linux-headers-2.6.31.6-rt19-20100103 and
linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia in /usr/src, before. So i
extracted these sources to my new platform and tried to compile the nvidia
graphic driver. The nvidia installer started to compile, but produced an
error.

So i extracted an slightly older version (it was called nvidia-180...
instead of nvidia 190...) from the same backup as before and tried to
install it. Went fine.

Now I am on with 3D acceleration and 2 big monitors. Everything's fine. I
just wonder, why the package linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia is
not installable wiht current repository.

Regards,
Mathias