Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Quentin Harley

Default Fw: where is: linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia

Mathias Krause wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> in the meantime, i did some more extensive searches through the web.
> That leads me to that thread:
> http://www.64studio.com/node/1047?page=1
>
> So, i installed
> linux-image-2.6.31.6-rt19-20100103 and linux-source-2.6.31.6-rt19-20100103
>
> I booted into that kernel, but still NVIDIA installer says:
> ERROR: Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running
> kernel

You need to install the "linux-headers" package. The souce is installed
in the /usr/src folder, but as an archive that you need to unpack before
you compile your own kernel (You don't need to...)

This worked on my system that I had to reinstall recently to get rid of
an odd state I put it in while testing all different kinds of unstable
software.

Cheers,
Quentin