Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Mathias Krause

Default where is: linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia

Hi list,

for some special reasons, i broke my 64studio down ... and decided to
re-install 64studio 3.0 beta 3, all new from scratch. Now, I've a
problem with my graphic card (GeForce 9500GT):

After installation, when starting the x-server, i got a blank screen.
After several hours of testing and trying things out, i realized, that
everything works well, as soon as i disconnect my second screen. So now,
I've at least one screen running...

To get the second one to run, i tried to install the nvidia driver. But
the driver needs the kernel header files, to compile. So i tried to
install linux-headers-2.6.29-1-multimedia-amd64.

apt says:
linux-headers-2.6.29-1-multimedia-amd64:
Hängt ab: linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia (=2.6.29-2) but it
is not installable

and i can't find linux-headers-2.6.29-1-common-multimedia in repository.
Is there a way to fix that? I searched different forums, but didn't find
a solution, which i am able to understand.

Regards,
Mathias