Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default MusE 1.0.1

Hi

I searched the web for "/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libjack.la" and
found http://64studio.com:9997/job/3561 and some other posts.

root@64studio:/usr/src/muse-1.0.1# export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
root@64studio:/usr/src/muse-1.0.1# ./configure --enable-dssi
root@64studio:/usr/src/muse-1.0.1# make
[snip]
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libjack.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libjack.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[5]: *** [fluid.la] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/muse-1.0.1/synti/fluid'
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/muse-1.0.1/synti/fluid'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/muse-1.0.1/synti'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/muse-1.0.1/synti'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/muse-1.0.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any hints?
Ralf

Old 02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> I searched the web for "/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libjack.la" and
> found http://64studio.com:9997/job/3561 and some other posts.

It's an ongoing problem with MusE, I've just posted to their developer list.

> root@64studio:/usr/src/muse-1.0.1# ./configure --enable-dssi

Try disabling fluidsynth support at the configure stage. The application
will build OK, but the JACK support will be broken. It's also a bug in
Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muse/+bug/398590

Cheers!

Daniel

Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
>> I searched the web for "/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libjack.la" and
>> found http://64studio.com:9997/job/3561 and some other posts.
>
> It's an ongoing problem with MusE, I've just posted to their developer
> list.
>
>> root@64studio:/usr/src/muse-1.0.1# ./configure --enable-dssi
>
> Try disabling fluidsynth support at the configure stage. The
> application will build OK, but the JACK support will be broken. It's
> also a bug in Ubuntu:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muse/+bug/398590
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel

thank you.

Even if 64 Studio is a pain in the a... some times, I know that other
distros are much more painful, e.g. some days ago I started cutting a
video with Suse and I finished it with 64 Studio .

WHENEVER POSSIBLE coders should try to use oldest versions of libraries.
I'm sure for real-time audio some coders noticed that.
Perhaps it would be good to have some king of agreement for linked
libraries, "Position Independent Code" etc. ...

64 Studio is outdated, but it was and is the only Linux I've got
installed, I could cut a video without any trouble , anyway Hardy
seems to be an unfortunate basic for 64 Studio and latest audio software.

Cheers,
Ralf