-   -   qjackctl: Confused about patchbay vs. connections (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/309483-qjackctl-confused-about-patchbay-vs-connections.html)

Hugh Lovette 01-14-2010 09:26 PM

qjackctl: Confused about patchbay vs. connections

I'm confused about the choice of both a patchbay and connections
option. As far as I can tell they result in the same thing: one
program connects to another, whether it is audio or alsa midi
connections. However each does not show the connections made through
the other, and they do both exist, so I assume there must be a
difference. What am I missing? Can you explain when each would be
used?

thanks!