-   -   GNOME menu > Places > Computer (http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/304618-gnome-menu-places-computer.html)

Ralf Mardorf 01-05-2010 02:10 PM

GNOME menu > Places > Computer

Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>

>> If I try to use "GNOME menu > Places > Computer" I now get:
>>
>> "Couldn't display "computer:".
>> Nautilus cannot handle computer: locations."
>>

> Works for me on 3.0 beta3. I'm planning a much-updated beta which will
> help confirm any of these sort of bugs after a clean install.
>
> Cheers!
> gedankenlosigkeit
> Daniel

Hi Daniel :)

the funny thing is, that I'm able to access any wanted directory, if I
don't use the GNOME menu's entry "Computer".

I'm sure, some days ago "GNOME menu > Places > Computer" was okay.

The latest important bugs for Hardy on that mailing list might be a
reason to upgarde hardy to another version of Ubuntu, without the need
to do a clean install.

For making music I don't have any issues, that would be solved by any
new install at the moment and those bizarre bugs aren't a reason to do a
clean install to a following version for me now.

I only have got the problem with jitter for external MIDI equipment and
the other problem everybody has got, because of session handling.
Because of the session handling I fear that the Linux community is
caught in thoughtless action.
On Windows it's solved, everybody knows this, but Linux ideology
disabled insight.

Now, I solved it by writing shell scripts and I don't care very much
about stupid thoughts any more.

;)
Ralf