Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default GNOME menu > Places > Computer

If I try to use "GNOME menu > Places > Computer" I now get:

"Couldn't display "computer:".
Nautilus cannot handle computer: locations."

Using Nautilus by any other menu entry I'm able to browse all
directories and even unmounted partitions.

Latest changes I did were:

Commit Log for Mon Dec 28 22:55:18 2009

Installed the following packages:
e2fslibs-dev (1.40.8-2ubuntu2)
libarchive-dev (2.2.4-1ubuntu1)
liblash-dev (0.5.4-0ubuntu2)
libportaudio-dev (18.1-6)
libportaudio0 (18.1-6)
libportmidi-dev (20041117-1)
libportmidi0 (20041117-1)

Commit Log for Mon Jan 4 12:16:30 2010

Upgraded the following packages:
tzdata (2009s~repack-0ubuntu0.8.04) to 2009u~repack-0ubuntu0.8.04

He?! What's that?

I only did a restart, maybe I need to shut down the computer and do a
reboot? I'm not sure, but I guess it was ok yesterday.
Btw. I got this error before I replied to the 64 Studio list, before I
installed and removed the kernel-headers.

Strange!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Daniel James

Hi Ralf,

> If I try to use "GNOME menu > Places > Computer" I now get:
>
> "Couldn't display "computer:".
> Nautilus cannot handle computer: locations."

Works for me on 3.0 beta3. I'm planning a much-updated beta which will
help confirm any of these sort of bugs after a clean install.

Cheers!

Daniel