Old 01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default failure compiling Matrox Parhelia video driver...

Gustin Johnson wrote:

> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Gustin:
>>
>>> All I use is build essential and kernel-package (because I sometimes
>>> build my own kernels). Nothing else should be needed.
>>>

>> Resp. to build a kernel the needed packages might be:
>>
>> bin86 build-essential bzip2 fakeroot gcc kernel-package make libncurses5-dev
>>

> The package "build-essential" should take of what you *need*. ncurses
> is only needed if you want the console GUI that you get with "make
> menuconfig"

I'm knowing this, I only wanted to remember that ...

>> make and gcc might be outdated for 64 Studio 3.0-beta3
>>

> Not sure what you mean by this.

... gcc and make might be to old. But as things turned out later there's
an issue with /usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/arches. The
kernel-package seems to be outdated for some Debian versions and Ubuntu
Hardy.

Ralf