Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Martin Horn

Default rtirq problem

Hi All again,

I am also not able to run the rtirq script on my 64studio install:

root@64studio:~/rtirq-20090920# sh rtirq.sh
rtirq.sh: 65: source: not found
rtirq.sh: 74: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Here is the relevant part of the script:

# Check for existence of needed config file and read it.
RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/sysconfig/rtirq
[ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/default/rtirq
[ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/rtirq.conf

[ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || {
*** echo "`basename $0`: ${RTIRQ_CONFIG}: not found."
*** [ "${RTIRQ_ACTION}" = "stop" ] && exit 0 || exit 6
}

# Read configuration.
source ${RTIRQ_CONFIG}

Any ideas?
Martin

Old 01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Gustin Johnson wrote:

> Martin Horn wrote:
>
>> Hi All again,
>>
>> I am also not able to run the rtirq script on my 64studio install:
>>
>> root@64studio:~/rtirq-20090920# sh rtirq.sh
>> rtirq.sh: 65: source: not found
>> rtirq.sh: 74: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>>

> Don't use sh to execute the script. sh is actually dash on a Debian
> system. Instead, make the script executable with "chmod u+x rtirq.sh"
>
> To execute simply put ./ in front.
> sudo ./rtirq.sh start
>
> By default the file is marked as executable when you untar/gzip it.
>

>> Here is the relevant part of the script:
>>
>> # Check for existence of needed config file and read it.
>> RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/sysconfig/rtirq
>> [ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/default/rtirq
>> [ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || RTIRQ_CONFIG=/etc/rtirq.conf
>> [ -r ${RTIRQ_CONFIG} ] || {
>> ��� echo "`basename $0`: ${RTIRQ_CONFIG}: not found."
>> ��� [ "${RTIRQ_ACTION}" = "stop" ] && exit 0 || exit 6
>> }
>>

> Basically the problem is that script is using bash specific syntax that
> dash does not support. Using sh to execute scripts is a bad habit.

Rtirq should automatically run without any problem on startup, just copy
the needed files to the correct places:

$ sudo mv /unknown_path/rtirq.conf /etc/default/rtirq
$ sudo mv /unknown_path/rtirq.sh /etc/init.d/rtirq

See Rui's answer, he's the author of rtirq: