Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Introduction - geoff

Hi Geoff

if you'll have some luck, you won't need any help. Some people can use
64 Studio out of the box. They only need to connect their interface by
qjackctl to the world outside the computer and anything is fine. There
might be some common trouble when using some drum pads instead of a
master keyboard.

If you've bad luck you computer hardware might be similar to my
hardware, then jitter can become a serious issue, but you shouldn't
worry about that at the moment, perhaps empty batteries or more worse
broken microchip for synth and effects from the 80ies are likely.

A RAM cartridge for my DX7 needs a new battery and I can't use output 1
and output 2 of my TG33 simultaneously, because of crosstalk, I guess a
chip is broken, using just one output still is fine. Equipment that's
around 25 years old perhaps can cause more trouble than Linux does ,
even if for me it's the other way around.

Good luck,
Ralf