Old 12-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default LADI

rosea grammostola wrote:
> (I think he made some packages for Ubuntu 8.04 a while ago).

Today I'll backup my 64 Studio, this might be a good time to compile
JACK2 featuring dbus after doing the backup, but I don't think I'll do
this, after all the other work I'll have to do.
Compiling LADISH isn't a problem (resp. maybe I'm wrong and it is a
problem for me), but for Suse and Debian based distros JACK2 can't be
simply compiled and installed while the package or all files of the
package aren't removed, because a self compiled JACK2 at least handles
libjack in a different way and removing the distro's package does cause
to much trouble.

Oops, right now I noticed that there's a package called "jackdbus" for
64 Studio's current version of jackd . Embarrassing :S.

Hm, maybe I don't need to recompile LADI .

spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ gladish
dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The name
org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ sudo apt-get install jackdbus
[snip]
spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ gladish
dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The name
org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'

Hm? Any hints are welcome! Did I need to compile LADI again or is
something inconsistent?

I guess I'll cross-post this.

Ralf

PS: OTOH I guess I use applications that don't support dbus, thus LADI
might not be a valid solution right now.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Ralf Mardorf

> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ sudo apt-get install jackdbus
> [snip]
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ gladish
> dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The
> name org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'

Content of the package:

/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/copyright
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/TODO
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/README.gz
/usr/share/doc/jackdbus/changelog.gz

It made me wonder that a package should be able to add jackdbus to jackd
that isn't compiled with jackdbus, it's just the well known advice how
to compile jackd with dbus support.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:31 PM
rosea grammostola

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> rosea grammostola wrote:
>> (I think he made some packages for Ubuntu 8.04 a while ago).
>
> Today I'll backup my 64 Studio, this might be a good time to compile
> JACK2 featuring dbus after doing the backup, but I don't think I'll do
> this, after all the other work I'll have to do.
> Compiling LADISH isn't a problem (resp. maybe I'm wrong and it is a
> problem for me), but for Suse and Debian based distros JACK2 can't be
> simply compiled and installed while the package or all files of the
> package aren't removed, because a self compiled JACK2 at least handles
> libjack in a different way and removing the distro's package does
> cause to much trouble.
>
> Oops, right now I noticed that there's a package called "jackdbus" for
> 64 Studio's current version of jackd . Embarrassing :S.
>
> Hm, maybe I don't need to recompile LADI .
>
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ gladish
> dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The
> name org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ sudo apt-get install jackdbus
> [snip]
> spinymouse-sudo@64studio:~$ gladish
> dbus_call_simple: calling method 'IsStarted' failed, error is 'The
> name org.jackaudio.service was not provided by any .service files'
>
> Hm? Any hints are welcome! Did I need to compile LADI again or is
> something inconsistent?
>
> I guess I'll cross-post this.
>
> Ralf
>
> PS: OTOH I guess I use applications that don't support dbus, thus LADI
> might not be a valid solution right now.

All Jack apps work with Ladish at level 0 at least (autolaunch of apps
in a studio and auto activation of connections). which is already pretty
useful imo.
http://ladish.org/wiki/levels

But this is more a question for a user list imo.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Ralf Mardorf

rosea grammostola wrote:
> All Jack apps work with Ladish at level 0 at least (autolaunch of apps
> in a studio and auto activation of connections). which is already pretty
> useful imo.
> http://ladish.org/wiki/levels
>
> But this is more a question for a user list imo.

I removed LAD, you're right, the users list is the right place.

Hm, okay, there's the LADI window, but I don't know what to do , how
can I handle anything by using LADI? There are no connections shown, no
application is shown.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM
rosea grammostola

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> rosea grammostola wrote:
>> All Jack apps work with Ladish at level 0 at least (autolaunch of
>> apps in a studio and auto activation of connections). which is
>> already pretty useful imo.
>> http://ladish.org/wiki/levels
>>
>> But this is more a question for a user list imo.
>
> I removed LAD, you're right, the users list is the right place.
>
> Hm, okay, there's the LADI window, but I don't know what to do , how
> can I handle anything by using LADI? There are no connections shown,
> no application is shown.

Are you saying that jackdbus and ladish are already in 64studio by default?

Make new studio
Tools > jack configure
Add applications (f2)
start studio
save studio

If you quit your session and want to quit gladish, you may want to stop
the studio first otherwise some daemons keeps running and you may not
want that.

For furter support I suggest IRC, mailinglist is coming soon.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ladi

Old 12-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Ralf Mardorf

rosea grammostola wrote:
> Are you saying that jackdbus and ladish are already in 64studio by
> default?

No, there's only a package with document files for jackdbus, thus my
jackd has got no dbus support.

I compiled and installed LADI sometime ago, 64 Studio doesn't ship with
LADI.

> Make new studio

I did this.

> Tools > jack configure

Didn't work.

> Add applications (f2)

I need to test this later. Now I'll compile some other stuff and I guess
I'll be offline for a while.

> start studio
> save studio
>
> If you quit your session and want to quit gladish, you may want to
> stop the studio first otherwise some daemons keeps running and you may
> not want that.
>
> For furter support I suggest IRC

Hm, maybe I should try IRC. Since years I don't use any chat. I guess
Pidgin is the right app to use IRC.

> mailinglist is coming soon.
>
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ladi

Thank you.

Merry Chrinnukyulezaa!

(alf)

Old 12-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Adrian Knoth wrote:
> There's jack2 in Debian experimental, and you're free to download the
> package source:
>

> http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/jack-audio-connection-kit
>

> You then say dpkg-source -x *.dsc and run debuild in the directory. Feel
> free to modify debian/rules, so you can add all the flags that you want.

Thank you